How do I turn on Notifications Sound?
No sound for your notifications?
Even if your ringtone is set to sound off, your notifications might be muted and that means all of your notifications will not trigger any sound. Try raising up the volume of your notifications like so:
1. Go to your device's Settings and tap on the Sounds and Notifications icon.
2. Next, tap on the Volume tab.
3. On the Notifications tab, drag the bar to the right to raise the volume of your notifications. Make sure it's over 75%.
You can also check this article from Google explaining how to enable sound notifications for your device.
Notifications are set and edited directly on your device and there are a number of factors on your device that can influence the way your notifications are being received.
Please follow the advice below to troubleshoot any issues you're having with receiving notifications correctly.
1. CHECK 'RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA'
- Open device Settings.
- Go to Data usage.
- Scroll down and open Stuart app data usage.
- Scroll down and make sure Restrict background data option is unchecked.
- Repeat the above steps for Google Services.
- Additionally, make sure Restrict background data is unchecked in Data usage >Menu Button.
2. CHECK Wi-Fi "SLEEP MODE"
- Settings > Wi-Fi> Menu Button > Advanced > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep
- Check Wi-Fi sleep policy
- Make sure it is set to Always
3. CHECK ANY POWER SAVING OPTIONS ON THE PHONE
- Power saving features or optimizations will stop the app going online, check that you have none turned on in the phones battery settings.
4. ANY 'TASK/APP KILLER' APPS INSTALLED? DELETE THEM
- Task/app killer services can prevent push notifications from being received correctly.
5. PUBLIC WI-FI CONNECTION
If using a public WI-FI connection, please turn it off and only use your data connection. It can cause delays to you receiving notifications, and cause disruption to your GPS.
6. RESET APP PREFERENCES
- Settings > Apps > Menu Button > Reset app preferences
- Advise a user to go to this menu and reset preferences
7. TRY A HARD RESTART IF ALL ELSE FAILS
- Press and hold the Power button until the menu pops up.
- Touch Power off or Restart if that is an option for you.
- Touch OK to confirm.
- Press and hold the Power button until your device starts.