Why Challenge 25?
When performing deliveries on the Stuart platform it’s likely that you’ll encounter a delivery that contains age restricted items.
To help you complete these deliveries safely, and within the law, couriers working with the Stuart platform have to abide by the Challenge 25 policy.
This article will teach you what that means for you and how to complete these deliveries.
What do I have to do?
When you pick up an order from a restaurant or shop, check the receipt to make yourself aware if an age restricted item is included and take steps to ensure that the customer you deliver to is over the legal age.
After arriving at the delivery address, you will need to make sure the end customer is over the legal age to receive the items.
If they look over 25 you can give them the order and mark it as delivered.
If they look 25 or younger, or you’re not sure how old they are, follow the next steps:
- Confidently and politely ask the customer for ID to check they are over the legal age.
- Look at the ID Card and look at the person offering the ID Card to verify that it is the same person
- Confirm it is a valid and acceptable form of ID (full list below).
If the customer is not 18 or older according to the ID Card (the legal age to purchase alcohol in the UK), please contact Customer Support who will inform you of the next steps.
What happens if I don't Challenge 25?
It is against the law to sell an age-restricted item to anyone under the age the legal age. Doing so risks prosecution and a fine of £90+ for you, plus a £20,000 fine for the client you picked up the items from.
You should not deliver the order without contacting Customer Support if the end customer is not of the legal age, or if you were unable to verify their age.
Acceptable forms of ID are:
- European Union photo-card driving licence
- Photographic identity card bearing the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram
- National identity card issued by a European Union member state (other than the United Kingdom), Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland
Examples of age-restricted items:
- Tobacco & vape products
- Offensive weapons (includes knives, knife blades, open edged razor blades, axes)
- 18+ video games and DVDs
- Lottery tickets and scratch cards
- Link to video: here
- Password: stuartthink25