There are two main things we check during your application:
- Your right to work in the UK
- A background check carried out by Accurate
Right to work in the UK
The right to work check proves that you are legally allowed to work in the UK.
You have 2 different options for carrying out this check: do it in person with a Stuart employee at an onboarding session, or do it independently at the post office.
Documents you will need:
1. Passport. If you do not have a passport, we can accept birth certificates* together with your NI (National Insurance) number.
*The post office does not verify birth certificates, we will ask you to upload a picture of the original together with an NI card or an official NI letter
2. For applicants from outside the EU: passport and biometric residence permit.
3. You will need proof of address (should be no older than 3 months).
The documents needed to do your background check can be found here. You can also refer to the DBS list of acceptable documents.
Only JPEG and PDF files will be accepted, no screenshots!
Extra documents required for moped and car couriers:
- A valid driving license
- A CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) certificate for moped riders (click here for more info and a discount from training provider RideTo.)
- Important: insurance specific to food delivery. We accept Zego certificates as well as certificates from other known insurance providers (for more details on this, go to question 9 of the FAQs).