Why do I need to complete a background check?
In order to be active on the Stuart platform, you will be required to complete a background check by a trusted third party company, Sterling. Couriers are required to pass a criminal check which may show us any unspent convictions and conditional cautions.
These checks are free and compulsory in the delivery industry. All your information is kept private.
What do I need to complete a background check successfully?
To complete the check you will need to provide Sterling with the following:
1. Your identity document document, in the following combinations:
- UK, EU or Swiss Citizen: Passport or National ID card (both sides).
If you are providing your National ID card, you will be asked to provide a secondary ID document. It is a DBS requirement in the UK.
- UK Birth Certificate + Official document issuing your National Insurance number
- Citizen outside the EU: Biometric Residence Permit (both sides).
For a list of all accepted documents, please click here.
Only JPEG and PDF formats will be accepted - no screenshots.
2. Your exact address history going back 5 years, including addresses abroad if you were not always in the UK over the past 5 years.
Provided that you upload all the correct documentation, the processing time of your background check usually takes to 7 business days.
However, please keep an eye on your inbox (spam folder as well) should you be contacted by Sterling to provide additional information to complete your background check.