Why do I need to complete a background check?
In order to be active on the Stuart platform, you will be required to complete a background check by a trusted third party company, Accurate. Couriers are required to pass a criminal check which may show us any unspent convictions and conditional cautions.
These checks are free and compulsory in the delivery industry. All your information is kept private.
What do I need to complete a background check successfully?
To complete the check you will need to provide Accurate with the following:
1. Your Right to work in the UK documents, in the following combinations:
- UK, EU or Swiss Citizen: Passport or National ID card
- UK Birth Certificate + Official document issuing your National Insurance number
- Citizen outside the EU: Passport and Residence Permit
For a list of accepted documents, please click here.
Only JPEG and PDF formats will be accepted - no screenshots.
2. Your exact address history going back 5 to 7 years, including addresses abroad if you were not always in the UK over the past 5 to 7 years.
3. A Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS) consent code, to obtain this consent code, please follow the instructions provided in this link.
Provided that you upload all the correct documentation, the processing time of your background check usually takes 5 to 7 business days.
However, please keep an eye on your inbox should you be contacted by Accurate to provide additional information to complete your background check.