- How does self-cancellation work?
- Instructions on how to self-cancel a delivery in-app
- Why is this?
- The cancellation fee
- The small print - important!
How does self-cancellation work? ⚙️
You will be able to self-cancel in 2 situations:
- Right after accepting: It has been less than 3 minutes since you accepted the delivery
- At pick-up: You have arrived at pick-up and have been waiting for more than 5 minutes
Outside these time frames, your self-cancellation request will be rejected in the app.
Instructions on how to self-cancel a delivery in-app ❓
- Once you have accepted a delivery, there will be a profile icon which appears at the top left of the screen, click this icon.
- A drop down list of options will appear, click on the help centre option
- An option to cancel ongoing delivery will be available, click this and confirm cancellation.
Why is this? 💡
This feature gives you more autonomy:
- You don't have to contact Support to request a cancellation
- You don't have to wait at pick up for 20+ minutes
- You will be able to immediately move on to another delivery
The cancellation fee 👛
A self-cancellation will not result in a cancellation fee, even if you have waited more than 20 minutes. You are no longer expected to wait this long and can move on to the next delivery, but will not be paid for that cancelled delivery.
If there is another reason for which you can’t complete the delivery, you will still be able to talk to Support (by selecting 'Chat with us'). They will deal with the issue in the same way as before, which may result in a cancellation fee. List of reasons and a reminder of the process can be found here.
The small print - important! ⚠️
If you have arrived at pick-up and made yourself known, you are free to self-cancel after 5 minutes of waiting for the package if it's not ready, and move on to the next delivery.
Don’t hesitate to ask once more if the package will be ready soon; sometimes an extra minute is all that’s needed!
Please remember that if you are on-slot and you accept a delivery, you are responding to a client's urgent need. You have committed to providing your service for this delivery. You are expected to wait for the package to be ready to ensure the best customer experience.
Please note that self-cancelling a delivery while you are on-slot is possible, but will invalidate that slot (MG and CPS).