Check local advice for specific rules, regulations and best practices as these vary by region.
Help reduce the spread
1️⃣ Stay 2 metres apart where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place.
2️⃣ Wash your hands and equipment regularly. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
3️⃣ Cover your face in enclosed spaces, especially where social distancing may be difficult.
The main symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
⛔️ Do not log on to the app if:
- You are in a high-risk group (see NHS advice)
- You are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- You live with someone who is experiencing those symptoms
- You have been in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus in the last 14 days, or have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace
- You are waiting for a COVID-19 test result
Working safely with Stuart
🛍 At pick-up
- Clean your thermal bag with a disinfectant wipe or spray before receiving the order. Some stores may have sprays or wipes. If you buy your own, you apply for a refund for protective equipment here.
- Wash your hands when arriving or use hand sanitiser.
- Practice social distancing. Stay 2 metres apart where possible.
- Practice contact-free pick-ups: Open your thermal bag and ask a staff member to place the package into it before sealing it.
- Keep the package closed until you have reached the customer's location
🏡 At drop-off:
- Practise contact-free drop-offs. Leave the package on the customer's doorstep, ring the doorbell then step back 2 metres and wait for them to collect it.
- Clean your hands with alcohol-based sanitiser, and clean your thermal bag with a disinfectant wipe or spray once the order has been delivered. Details about a protective equipment refund from Stuart are available here.
😷 Face coverings
Wearing a face covering can help reduce the spread of coronavirus and protect others. Your covering must securely cover your nose and mouth.
Face coverings are a mandatory requirement by law to enter shops, supermarkets and takeaways. This includes all pick-up locations.
The penalty for not following this rule can be a fine. Pick-up locations can refuse you entry or even contact the authorities if you are not wearing one. For more information, please see this Government page.
You can make your own covering, or apply for a refund from Stuart here.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze and put used tissues in the bin straight away and clean your hands.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.