Some useful links:
- World Health Organisation advice for the public
- NHS online advice
- Public Health England advice including Stay at home guidance
We know that you will want to make sure you stay safe during this period, as well as help protect the health of clients and customers. Below are some recommendations on staying safe while delivering.
Staying safe while delivering
- Regularly wash your equipment or clothes you wear while delivering
- Wipe down your thermal bag before and after you deliver a package with a disinfectant wipe
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before you go online and when you get home, and carry a bottle of hand sanitiser with you so you can keep them clean throughout your time on the road
- Always store food safely in your thermal bag to help minimise the risk of exposure to any potentially infectious airborne material
- Seal your bag as soon as you’ve packed an order and keep it closed until you’ve reached the customer’s location
- Please do not log on to the Stuart app if you are unwell i.e. showing symptoms such as a new continuous cough or a high fever (above 38°) and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hygiene recommendations at pick up
- Try to maintain 2 metres of distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. More advice from the WHO on this here.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
- Please make sure you wipe down your thermal bags with a disinfectant wipe before and after each delivery. Some clients may provide these.
- If hand sanitiser or hand washing facilities are available at pick-up please use them as much as possible.
The current NHS advice is to stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms.
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
Current NHS advice on preventing the spread of coronavirus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds, use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
More advice and FAQs on the NHS website here.