As of March 17th 2020, if you have tested positive for COVID-19, you will be able to apply for financial support from Stuart.
As of April 9th 2020, if you are required to self-isolate by NHS 111, a doctor, a registered medical professional or a public health authority due to the risk of spreading or contracting COVID-19, you will also be able to apply for financial support from Stuart.
If you’re found eligible for financial support, we will temporarily restrict your account access for the period of self-isolation as stated on the Isolation Note. You will be unable to perform deliveries during this time in order to limit the risk of transmission to others.
We will be regularly reviewing eligibility criteria as the situation progresses, and reserve the right to review this scheme at any given time due to the unprecedented and fast-paced nature of the COVID-19 outbreak. Any proven fraud will result in an immediate termination of partnership. See full terms and conditions below.
How do I apply for financial support?
To apply for financial support, please contact Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure you provide valid documentation as well as your consent for us to process information about your health (details below).
What is the criteria for financial support?
- Valid documentation: showing either positive test results for COVID-19 or valid NHS documentation on self-isolation due to the risk of spreading or contracting COVID-19 dated from 9th April 2020 onwards, and
- Minimum deliveries: you have completed a minimum of 120 deliveries between W7 and W12 (10th February 2020 and 22nd March 2020), and
- Consent: when sending documents, please include the following statement in your message: I [ full name ] consent to Stuart processing information about my health in order to review my suitability for COVID-19 compensation.
How will this financial support be calculated?
You will be paid two-thirds (66.67%) of your average weekly earnings during the 6-week period between 10th February 2020 and 22nd March 2020, pro-rated for every day you are in isolation, up to a maximum of 14 days. This payment is capped to £300 per period of 7 days (or approximately £42.86 per day).
Why two-thirds and a maximum amount per day?
We believe that this strikes the right balance between helping to ease some of your financial concern at this difficult time, and maximising the reach of this program across the highest number of couriers impacted. We also recognise that when you’re not working, you’re not incurring expenses related to work, such as fuel, insurance and depreciation.
Why is this financial support based on W7-W12 of 2020?
We assess eligibility based on this 6 week range when delivery volumes were not yet affected by COVID-19.
Full terms and conditions
A courier is eligible for the COVID-19 financial support from Stuart, subject to granting consent for Stuart to process their personal data as will be requested when sending Isolation Note, if:
- Courier has been active on the Stuart platform between W7 and W12 of 2020
- During that period of 6 weeks has completed a minimum of 120 deliveries (20 per week on average)
- Provides a personal isolation note (from NHS 111) or a doctor’s note prescribing self-isolation. Self isolation start date must succeed 9 April 2020. Name of courier and note needs to match
- A courier is only eligible for one financial support payment. Depending on the circumstance (positive testing or self-isolation documentation) this means eligibility is for a maximum of one Isolation Note and for a period up to a maximum of 14 days
- The financial support scheme will be effective until 30th June 2020. We will only provide financial support for Isolation Notes with a start date before or on 30 June. You have until 14 July to provide us with Isolation Notes starting before or on 30 June. 14 July is the final submission date to make a claim for financial compensation support.
- We will be regularly reviewing eligibility criteria as the situation progresses, and reserve the right to end the scheme at any given time due to the unprecedented and fast-paced nature of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Payment will be made weekly on Tuesday for the previous week (Monday - Sunday) if appropriate documentation and consent is received by the end of Wednesday. Please allow 4 business days to process your request
- Amount of financial support = [day rate] x [number of eligible days], where
- [day rate] = (1/7) x (66.67% of your average weekly earnings from W7-W12, capped at £300 / 7 days - or approximately £42.86 / day), and
- [number of eligible days] = number of days in your isolation period, up to a maximum of 14 days.