All deliveries are now "contact-free".
Please still pay extra attention to the delivery notes. The below is to be followed regardless, but there may still be some very important information for you in these notes.
- Make sure any food deliveries are safely sealed with tape or staples.
- Ask the staff member to place the package directly into your thermal bag before closing it.*
*The current NHS advice is that there is no evidence that the virus can be passed on through food or packages. However, taking precautions will minimise the risk of exposure to any potentially infectious airborne material.
We have asked all clients to take the following precautions:
- Train staff to take the necessary preventative measures to avoid the spread of COVID-19 as advised by Public Health England.
- Place packages directly into the courier’s thermal bag.
- Minimise the number of people who are exposed to packages by considering the area in which parcels are collected.
- Keep the waiting area clean and separate from where food is being prepared.
- Ensure packaging and bags are properly sealed using tape or staples before it’s handed over.
- If it is not possible to seal bags, consider double bagging delivery orders so that food is kept safe inside before it is delivered.
Specific client processes:
- When you reach drop-off, open your thermal bag and put it in front of the customer's door (or wherever they've asked it to be put in the delivery notes).
- Make sure the package is easy to reach.
- Knock on the door or ring the buzzer to let the customer know you're there.
- Step back at least 2 metres.
- If the customer doesn't answer the door, try calling them. If they don't answer, follow the usual process - try 3 times, and if they don't answer, contact Support (process here).
- Mark the package as delivered only when you’ve seen the customer collect it.
- If a signature is required, sign it yourself with an “X”. Customer signatures are currently not required to make sure deliveries are as contact-free as possible.