Why Challenge 25?
To ensure age-restricted items are delivered safely, and within the law, couriers working with the Stuart platform have to abide by the Challenge 25 policy.
What do I have to do?
- Upon pick up, check the label or receipt to confirm the package contains an age-restricted item.
- DO NOT open the package yourself or ask the client to do so.
- If you're still unsure, ask the client to confirm if the package contains an age-restricted item.
Once you have confirmed the package contains an age-restricted item, follow the steps below to complete the delivery in accordance with C25 policy:
Acceptable forms of ID:
If a signature is required, sign it yourself with an “X”
Do not ask the customer to sign.
Ensure you are following contact-free delivery. See here for more info.
Age-restricted items include:
- Tobacco & vape products
- Offensive weapons (includes knives, knife blades, open edged razor blades, axes)
- 18+ video games and DVDs
- Lottery tickets and scratch cards
- Energy drinks (age-restriction of 16)
What happens if I don't follow Challenge 25?
It is against the law to sell an age-restricted item to anyone under the legal age. Doing so risks prosecution and a fine starting at £90 for yourself, plus a £20,000 fine for the client.
You should not deliver the order without contacting Customer Support if the end customer is not of the legal age, or if you were unable to verify their age.
✅ At pick up, check the receipt or confirm with the client if the package contains age-restricted items
✅ If someone looks under 25 - check their ID!
✅ Only accept ID that is valid and acceptable (passports, driving licenses or official photo ID)
❌ Do not deliver age-restricted items to a customer who is under 18, intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
Finally, make sure you have watched the video below.
Password = Stuart_C25!