Check on the Government website if you can get a free PCR test. You should get a test if you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste).
You can also apply for a PCR test if:
- you’ve been asked to get a test by a local council
- you’re taking part in a government pilot project
- you’ve been asked to get a test to confirm a positive result
- you’ve received an unclear result and were told to get a second test
- you need to get a test for someone you live with who has symptoms
- you’re in the National Tactical Response Group
⛔️ Do not log on to the app if you are self-isolating or you are waiting for a Covid-19 test result.
What happens next
If you are told to stay at home (self-isolate) by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS Covid-19 app, follow the NHS advice.
After you get a positive test result, you may be contacted by NHS Test and Trace or someone who works for your local council.
You'll be asked for information about where you've been recently and who you've been in close contact with.