Age-restricted items include:
- Tobacco & vape products
- Offensive weapons (includes knives, knife blades, open edged razor blades)
- 18+ video games and DVDs
- Lottery tickets and scratch cards
- Energy drinks (age-restriction of 16)
Remember: These items must NOT be delivered to a customer who is under 18, intoxicated, or under the influence of drugs.
How to Deliver Age-restricted items
- Check the label or receipt to confirm the package contains an age-restricted item.
- DO NOT open the package yourself or ask the client to do so.
- If you're still unsure, ask the client to confirm if the package contains an age-restricted item.
- Observe social distancing by undertaking contact-free delivery. See here for more info.
- Follow the C25 process here and ask for ID at a distance.
DO NOT: ❌
- Do not open the package to check/confirm any age-restricted items.
- Do not ask for the customer to sign for the delivery - sign it yourself with an X (if required).
- Do not complete the delivery if you are unable to verify the customers' age. Contact customer support if this occurs.