Age-restricted items include:
- Tobacco & vape products
- Offensive weapons (includes knives, knife blades, open edged razor blades)
- 18+ video games and DVDs
- Lottery tickets and scratch cards
- Energy drinks (age-restriction of 16)
Remember: These items must NOT be delivered to a customer who is under 18, intoxicated, or under the influence of drugs.
We may carry out checks from time to time to ensure that you are following these steps correctly.
How to Deliver Age-restricted items
- Check the label or receipt to confirm the package contains an age-restricted item.
- DO NOT open the package yourself or ask the client to do so.
- If you're still unsure, ask the client to confirm if the package contains an age-restricted item.
- Observe social distancing by undertaking contact-free delivery. See here for more info.
- Follow the C25 process here and ask for ID at a distance.
DO NOT: ❌
- Do not open the package to check/confirm any age-restricted items.
- Do not ask for the customer to sign for the delivery - sign it yourself with an X (if required).
- Do not complete the delivery if you are unable to verify the customers' age. Contact customer support if this occurs.