In order to assist you in the process of completing your background check with Sterling, we have put together this guide to highlight where usual mistakes may occur, to make the process as smooth as possible.
Once you are ready to start completing your background check, you will receive the following email; make sure to check the FAQ articles before starting so that you know exactly what you will need. Once you are ready to begin, press the blue button.
You will be redirected to the Sterling portal and prompted for registration; register (or log in if you already had an account with them).
Once logged in, you will be prompted to verify your location;
After verifying your location you will be required to sign to consent to Electronic Signature, and sign Global Consent;
Now it's where it could get tricky, so play close attention to the following;
On the My Information tab, section Contact Info;
- The DOB (Date of Birth) format for this section is MM/DD/YYYY (E.g 10/28/1991 October 28th, 1991). You can pick the date by clicking on the calendar icon next to the field.
- Please list your full name exactly as it reads on your passport/biometric residence permit. (Make sure to include your middle name(s), should you have any).
- Please ensure that you provide any aliases that you have been known by, or are listed on the documentation.
On the Address History section;
- You must provide at least 1 UK address.
- Please provide the past 5 years of your address history.
- Do not include any gaps between addresses.
- You can provide your address history after you have provided your current address.
- Please ensure the current address provided, matches your proof of address document (i.e - Flat number included)
The following section is related to the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services)
After consenting and agreeing to the above, you will be prompted to the following questions, make sure to provide accurate information.
- If you have a DBS profile number, you can enter it in the field shown below. This will help the DBS find your profile and could improve the time of processing for your background check.
- Under Position applied for make sure to state Courier / Delivery Driver.
After providing this information, you will be at the Identity section, which will ask you a few questions to know exactly which documents you should be providing.
After you select your documents, you will be required to enter the number of the document you are providing.
- Ensure that any names shown on your documents match with the information you have provided previously.
- Ensure that the document numbers requested match with your documents. You will be requested to enter the last 4 digits of your document number.
- Ensure that the expiry dates you are providing for your documents match.
After answering these questions, you will arrive at the Documents section, which will ask you to upload your Passport or Residence card (Front and Back if you are providing your residence card).
Then you will be prompted to review your information before submitting;
Please ensure that you review the information you have provided before submitting, as no changes past this point are possible.
After you have submitted, you will be redirected to the Applicant view Portal, where you can access previous reports and see the status of your background check.
After submitting your background check information, you will receive an email that will provide you with information on what you will require next.
You will also receive an email from Sterling with a Barcode, to go to the Post Office. You can check your nearest Post Office Branch here.
Make sure to take this email and the documents you uploaded and provided with you. You will need them to prove your Right to Work and Address.
A reminder that you may contact Sterling at any time through the following:
Access the Sterling Portal to check the status of your background check at any time
Missing information email: Eats_MI@sterlingcheck.com
Phone: 02087 410000