In order to aid you in the process of completing your background check with Sterling, we have put together this guide to highlight where usual mistakes may occur, to make the process as smooth as possible.
After you have conducted your In-person appointment and we have checked your Right to Work in the UK, you will be sent the Evidence of ID (EOID) form via email by one of our Stuart representatives.
This form is a requirement by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) in order to process your background check. This form will contain the information that you have provided to us in your session, and you will be requested to check the top 3 boxes to confirm your consent, and to sign it.
We recommend using a computer to sign the file (rather than a smartphone or tablet).
After we have sent you the form, you will receive an email to start completing your background check, make sure to check the FAQ articles before starting so that you know exactly what you will need. Once you are ready to begin, press the blue button.
You will be redirected to the Sterling portal and prompted for registration; register (or log in if you already had an account with them).
Once logged in, you will be prompted to verify your location;
After verifying your location you will be required to sign to consent to Electronic Signature, and sign Global Consent;
Now it's where it could get tricky, so play close attention to the following;
On the My Information tab, section Contact Info;
- The DOB (Date of Birth) format for this section is MM/DD/YYYY (E.g 10/28/1991 October 28th, 1991). You can pick the date by clicking on the calendar icon next to the field.
- Please list your full name exactly as it reads on your passport/biometric residence permit. (Make sure to include your middle name(s), should you have any).
- Please ensure that you provide any aliases that you have been known by, or are listed on the documentation.
On the Address History section;
- You must provide at least 1 UK address.
- Please provide the past 5 years of your address history.
- Do not include any gaps between addresses.
- You can provide your address history after you have provided your current address.
- Please ensure the current address provided, matches your proof of address document (i.e - Flat number included)
After completing the My Information section, you will be prompted to upload the Evidence of ID form.
This is where you should upload your signed Evidence of ID (EOID) form. If you have not yet received your Evidence of ID (EOID) form after your session, please get in touch with us.
After you have submitted, you will be redirected to the Applicant view Portal, where you can access previous reports and see the status of your background check.
Note: If you have already submitted your background check and could not upload your Evidence of ID (EOID) form due to not having had a session with us yet, you should send it to Eats_MI@Sterlingcheck.com instead.
A reminder that you may contact Sterling at any time through the following:
Sterling Portal If you need to provide additional information, documents, or upload your Evidence of ID (EOID) form.
Phone: 02087 410000