Stuart and the clients who use the platform are concerned to ensure that the public
are protected, and any possible unlawful acts are prevented.
Understanding whether an applicant has any unspent criminal convictions is part of the information that we need to decide on whether to give a courier access to the
platform to offer their delivery services. Couriers who are selected to work via the platform also undergo a basic DBS check to verify the information they have provided
in the application.
A person's criminal record in itself will not debar that person from being allowed
access to the platform. Suitable applicants will not be refused access to the platform
because of offences which are not relevant and do not make them a risk (or indeed
place them at risk) when providing courier services.
All cases will be examined on an individual basis, taking the following into
- Whether the conviction is relevant to the position applied for.
- The seriousness of any offence revealed.
- The age of the applicant at the time of the offence(s).
- The length of time since the offence(s) occurred.
- Whether the applicant has a pattern of offending behaviour.
- The circumstances surrounding the offence(s), and the explanation(s) offered by the person concerned.
- Whether the applicant's circumstances have changed since the offending behaviour.
It is important that applicants understand that failure to disclose all "unspent'
convictions could result in immediate offboarding.
In order to move your application to the next stage, we will ask that you provide
details of your unspent convictions. You will be sent an email with a link to a form to
provide this information.
The following information will be requested in order to fill in the form:
- The email you used to apply on the Stuart platform
- Phone number
- DBS Report received from Sterling during your application process With Stuart
- Date the offence(s) were committed
- Description of offence(s) on the DBS report
- The circumstances surrounding the offence and any explanation you may be able to offer
- Details of any changes in circumstances since the offence(s) were committed
If you think that there is anything else that you think is relevant to the factors above,
please also provide this information to us.
Once this information is submitted, Stuart will exercise its own judgment to determine
if the conviction is relevant and the effect that will have on the application. We may
need to invite you to a meeting to discuss this further.
It is important for us to understand the situation in order to make a fair decision and
therefore we hope that you will be able to provide the information referred to above.
We ask that you provide us with the information above within the next five working
days. If you do not do so, please be aware that we may need to make a decision
regarding your application without any further details.